Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Reading - Z

It's been a busy summer of reading so far.  My latest read came to me highly recommended by my friend Alicia.  Z by Therese Anne Fowler is a historical fiction story of Zelda Fitzgerald.  I really didn't know much about her, other than she was F. Scott Fitzgerald's wife.  And to be honest, I really didn't know much about him other than he was a writer.

I really did enjoy this book and being transported back in time to the 1920's - flappers, prohibition, and bobbed hair.  I really think I could have done well in that era!  Zelda was a fascinating woman - and she and Scott were quite the power couple.  It was interesting to read about them and how they lived the high life back in the day.  I might have to try to read The Great Gatsby now to continue with the Fitzgerald's!

No comments:

Post a Comment