Friday, May 16, 2014

A Summer List

As I type this there is under two hours of school left before summer vacation begins.  I know I should be excited, and I know that once we find our 'new normal' I will be.  But right now I keep thinking about all of the hours of the day that I will need to fill with ideas and activities.  Luckily I turned to Pinterest and got lots of idea for how to have Caroline take charge of her summer vacation.

First, I had her set her summer goals.  I found this summer questionnaire from Cottage in the Oaks.  Caroline filled it out...yes, she would like to paint with me.  I was secretly hoping that she'd want to go summer dress shopping or get our nails done.  But instead it looks like we'll be painting.

Second, I'm a total list maker.  I usually add a couple of easy things on my list each day that I can quickly cross off (yep, totally Type A).  Caroline also is a little Type A, so I created a to-do list for each day.  Hopefully that will keep her on track...and not in her pajamas all day.  We'll see if it works...she's pretty excited to have a list like mine.

Thirdly, since if left to her own devices, Caroline would have a diet full of fruit snacks and goldfish.  So I got this healthy eating chart from Etsy.  I paid $4 for it, and I'm hopeful that she'll like pushing herself to make the best choices, food wise.

I'm sure I'll update all of these ideas to make them work for us for the next three months.  Until then, I'm going to try and let it go and have a great summer with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment