Monday, April 1, 2013

You Need to Read This!


I have a confession to make.  I've never been a big fan of Nicholas Sparks.  His books are just a little too much for me.  You know, a little too sad and a little too predictable.  However, a friend of mine suggested that I read his memoir, "Three Weeks with My Brother."   This book made me change my tune about him.  It's about his childhood, how he became an author, and an amazing trip he took with his brother.  (In fact, it's the kind of trip I would LOVE to go on sometime!)  I laughed throughout the book, and I had the ugly cry going on at the end.  Thank goodness for nap time! 

Whether or not you are a Sparks fan is irrelevant.  But be warned, after reading this I took a chance and read his new book, Safe Haven, and I was reminded again why I don't care for his fiction.  But seriously you need to read this book!




No comments:

Post a Comment