Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tacos


I love easy to make recipes.  (So does my friend Heidi).  So when she sent me this, I put it in my file of 'must try' recipes.  I started this one morning before we left the house for the day and when we got back that night it smelled delicious and dinner was literally ready!  Gotta love that!

I really liked the taco flavor of the chicken, and we used the leftovers on salads later that week.  It would also be good in a taco soup, or in a baked enchilada.  Needless to say, this will be made again at our house soon!


Crockpot Chicken Tacos
from Heidi Zeller-Crawford

2 lbs chicken breasts, thawed
1 can chicken broth
1 pkg dry ranch seasoning
1 pkg dry taco seasoning (I used the lower sodium version)

Put everything in crockpot.  Cook for 3 hours.  Pull chicken apart with fork.  Cook for 30 minutes more.  Serve with your favorite toppings. 
*Note: I used frozen chicken breasts and let them cook all day (8-9 hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment