Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Strawberry Quinoa Salad

I've taken a break from cooking since having Owen.  But now that he's over a month old, I have very few excuses for my lack of cooking.  Seriously, canned soup and frozen pizza has gotten old!
I'm going to try and cook at least one new recipe a week, and I'll share them all (the good and the bad) with you!

This week I pulled out my stack of recipes I've been meaning to try, and made Strawberry-Quinoa Salad.  I found this dish in an old Weight Watchers Weekly from a couple of years ago.  It was super easy to make and Nate and I found it delicious.  Caroline was not a fan of either the dressing or quinoa...and wanted me to promise to never make quinoa again.  (she must not realize that I add some to the steel cut oatmeal that I make)

Strawberry Quinoa Salad

1 cup quinoa, rinsed
3 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 cup low-fat sesame-ginger salad dressing
fresh spinach

Cook quinoa according to package directions.  Transfer to large bowl and let cool completely (20-30 minutes).  Stir in strawberries, cucumber, and 1/4 cup salad dressing.  Combine salad blend and remaining 1/4 cup dressing.  Toss to coat.  Top salad greens with strawberry mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment