Friday, June 3, 2011

Brownies


With a couple of meetings coming up at work, I thought I would surprise everyone and bring treats. Since EVERYONE likes chocolate, I thought that brownies would hit the spot. Instead of finding a recipe for exotic-sounding brownies, I went to my family's cookbook and make my aunt's. (She is the best cook I know!) I love the not quite fudgey not quite cakey texture of the brownies. And the frosting is simply fantastic! It's nice and smooth and super chocolaty!


Brownies
by Carol Jones
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 cup hot water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
walnuts, optional (I omitted)

Bream the eggs and sugar together and then add the oil. In a small bowl mix the cocoa and water together and then add it to the batter. Add the vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. Add walnuts if you wish. Bake in a 9x13 pan at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Chocolate Frosting
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white corn syrup
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1/2 cup miniature marshmallows


Combine the sugar, butter, milk, and corn syrup in a saucepan and boil for one minute. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Stir until melted and spreading consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment