Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baked Enchilada Fiesta


I'm trying to make one new recipe a week to help expand my somewhat boring menu. This is the newest dish for us to try.
I highly recommend it. It was easy to put together and the whole family loved it. Nate even said that it was his favorite taco bake. (high praise since I have four or five recipes for this)
Enjoy!
Enchilada Fiesta
1 1/2 lb ground beef (I used 1 lb)
3/4 cup onion (I used one whole)
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic
1 1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 cup water
12 corn tortillas (I used closer to 8 or 9)
15 oz taco sauce (I used mild)
12 oz sour cream (I used less and also fat-free)
4 cups cheddar cheese (I used MUCH less)
Preheat oven to 375.
Brown beef and onion. Combine with cumin, salt, garlic, chili powder, and water. Simmer 10 minutes.
Place six tortillas on the bottom and sides of a greased 9x13 pan. (I cut mine to make them fit without overlapping too much). Spread 3/4 cup taco sauce over tortillas. Top with taco meat mixture. Dollop sour cream over top. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Put six remaining tortillas on top (I also cut these to make them fit). Top with remaining taco sauce and cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment