Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies


I decided to skip this weeks TWD recipe for Brioche Plum Tart. I thought it sounded good, but didn't have the time to dedicate to it. So instead I decided to make Nate's favorite cookie. I didn't know how much he enjoys all things butterscotch until I made this the first time. They do in fact taste pretty good, and they're simple to mix up. I can't remember where I first found the recipe, but Nate is sure glad that I did.

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 package of butterscotch chips
Directions:1. Heat oven to 375°F.2. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.3. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips; mix well. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment