Thursday, May 8, 2014

Peach Cobbler Muffins


Last summer I froze a couple gallon bags of fresh sliced peaches.  Of course, I haven't done anything with them, and with peach season just a few months away I started looking on Pinterest for some fresh peach recipes.

I found this recipe from Barbara Bakes, and thought I'd try it out.  Easy to make and it made 12 generous-sized muffins.  I sampled one with my afternoon cup of coffee.  Delicious!  I'm trying really hard not to sample another one as I write this.

The peach flavor isn't very strong, so I might increase the amount to 2 1/2 cups the next time I make them.  But other than that, I'll be making these again soon!

Peach Cobbler Muffins
Yield: 15 muffins
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 2 cups fresh peaches, diced (about 2 large peaches)
    Streusel Topping
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions
    Streusel Topping
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. Add oil and mix together until full incorporated and you have a sandy texture.
  2. Muffins
  3. Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil, or line with paper muffin liners.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
  5. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently stir in peaches.
  6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with muffin batter. (Don't over fill.) Sprinkle muffins with topping.
  7. Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
  1. When muffins are done, cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment