Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Almost-Homemade Caramel Rolls

Over the weekend I thought I would surprise the family with caramel rolls one morning.  Normally I make The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls.  They are fantastic!  But I didn't have the drive to actually make homemade rolls.  So instead I used frozen...but baked them in homemade caramel sauce.  The result...no one knew! 

Caramel Sauce for Rolls
by (aunt) Carol Jones

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
5 tablespoons corn syrup
3 tablespoons water

Put ingredients in a saucepan and melt together.  Pour into a 9x13 pan and let cool.  Top with 12 uncooked (frozen) cinnamon rolls.  After the rolls thaw and double in size bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden (and not raw in the middle).

Invert onto platter with edges (so caramel won't run off).  Cool and serve.  Great reheated and with a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment