Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Turn that Frown Upside Down!

 I can't lie...it's hard work being a stay-at-home mom.  It's not nearly as glamorous as I thought it was going to be.  I have no idea what I thought it was going to be like...but I'm pretty sure that it didn't include drinking luke-warm coffee a couple of hours after it's been poured (and being happy that you get to it before noon).  I also thought that I would always have a patient-loving heart and a smile on my face.  But I'm human and there are some days that I just run out of patience. 

Alicia's Happy Day Challenge for the week was to share what shakes a bad mood, and I've had my fair share of bad moods...

1) Leave the house.  When Nate gets home from work and sees that my hair is practically standing on its end, he pretty much tells me to go out and do something.  Luckily, I LOVE Target and always need a couple of things.  For some reason, walking around those aisles finding 'deals' can shake what's bothering me.

2) Read.  I've always had a passion for stories.  And I love being transported to a different time/place/world with the written word.  Even if I don't have time to read a book, I usually have time to read an article from my favorite magazine Real Simple.













3) Count my blessings.  This may sound corny, but when I'm at my wits end and just frustrated, I try to sit down with a glass or water (or wine if it's after 5) and really think about all I have to be thankful for.  Yes, my kids can make me a little batty, but it's awesome that Nate and I have been blessed with them.  And even cooler that I get to spend time raising them at home! 

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I agree with all 3 items as being wondeful. I'm only a stay at home mom in the summer but have quickly learned how trying and hard it can be. I'm thankful, though, that I have a job that allows me time each summer with my family.

    ReplyDelete