Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Soft and Cakelike Chocolate Chip Cookies


After finding a bag of leftover Christmas M&M's we've been on a mission to use them (before we eat them all). And since my brother is a chocolate cookie snob (seriously I've never met a more picky cookie eater) I thought I would try these which promised to be booth soft and cake-like. The cookies don't disappoint. Although I prefer a more classic cookie (crisp and a little chewy), Daniel and Caroline give these a thumbs up.

Soft and Cakelike Chocolate Chip Cookies
found in 2011 Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookie magazine
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used M&M's)

Preheat oven to 375. In a mixing bowl, beat shortening for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, soda, salt, and baking powder. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Beat in sour cream and flour. Stir in chocolate pieces. Drop dough (it's soft) by rounded teaspoon (I used a tablespoon) onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment