Thursday, October 13, 2011

Creepy Chocolate Waffle Cookies


I recently made a batch of cookies for Caroline to take to school for her last day of daycare. Since it's getting close to Halloween, I thought I'd get in the theme of things.
Growing up my mom would make chocolate waffle cookies for special occasions (mostly Christmas) and they were always a kid favorite. I guess some things never change!
I didn't realize how easy they are to make. Seriously, in no time I had cookies cooling on my counter waiting to be frosted!
Chocolate Waffle Cookies
by Gertrude Schuller (found in the Claremont UMC cookbook)
1 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour
3 squares chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
Frosting:
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Melt chocolate and butter. Beat eggs and sugar together and mix with the melted chocolate and butter. Add flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Bake in a waffle iron for one minute (or until done). I used my small cookie scoop and got four cookies on the iron at the same time. Cool completely. Frost.
To make frosting:
Mix well together the butter, sugar, and milk. Bring to a boil and add the 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Stir until smooth and frost cookies immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment