Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Banana Bread Pancakes


(sorry for the ugly unevenly colored pancakes...I was having some issues with our griddle)
Do you ever buy bananas only to find that oops - a few have gotten ripe before you've eaten them? No- just my family??
In an effort to not make banana bread (who has time for it to bake for an hour) I decided to make some pancakes. A few weeks ago, my mom found this easy pancake recipe that tastes fantastic!
Note: We had some leftovers and found that they reheated quite well the following morning.
Banana Bread Pancakes
2 cups pancake mix (I use low fat Bisquick)
1 1/3 cup water
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 ripe banana, mashed (I used two, since that's what I had)
walnuts, optional
Whisk together the pancake mix and water. Stir in the oatmeal and banana. Cook on griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment