Sunday, July 31, 2011

Raspberry Blondies


After reading the latest All You magazine (you know, the magazine with all of the coupons) and seeing this recipe, I knew the next time we had fresh raspberries I would be baking with them. I really like not only the contrast in flavors - a sweet blondie mixed with tart raspberries, but also the contrast in textures - chewy and crunchy.
Raspberry Blondies
found in the August All You magazine
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1 cup fresh raspberries
I also added 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch pan with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar. Let cool slightly. Off the heat, whisk in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture. Add nuts (I added the white chocolate here too). Scrape batter into pan and smooth top. Scatter berries over batter. Bake until the blondies are set in the middle (around 30-35 minutes). Let cool completely before removing from pan and cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment