Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cold Oatmeal


I'm a big fan of eating breakfast in the morning. And since I'm always up for trying new things, I thought I would try this recipe that I got from my mom who got it from a friend. I was a little sceptical at first...after all, oatmeal that you don't cook? Sounds suspicious to me.
I personally love this in the morning. It's comforting and quite filling. Plus, it takes just a couple of minutes to make at night. (Just a warning, Nate wasn't a fan of the texture of the oatmeal...)
Cold Oatmeal
by Tara Anderson
1 cup vanilla yogurt (I use low-fat Greek)
1 cup oatmeal (dry)
1/4-1/3 cup milk (I use soy or almond)
Mix together - it should be soupy. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning add berries, apples, raisin, or currents (if needed) and little more milk. I'm a big fan of fresh strawberries on top of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment