Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Engagement Cookies

I'm helping my mom plan my sister's upcoming engagement party. We're all very excited about the party, meeting her fiance's family, and of course wedding planning. These cookies will be on the dessert table. Nothing too fancy, but I am using a new butter cream frosting recipe instead of the usual royal icing. I like the taste of this better, plus it's fun to use. For half of the cookies, I frosted very plain and later added Beckie and Aaron's wedding date. (my handwriting is atrocious!)
The other half I piped big free-form roses. You might remember seeing these roses on my mom's birthday cake. They are simple to make and I think the cookies look darling!
The butter cream frosting recipe I used is found on Karen's Cakes. I used the quick-crusting butter cream recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment