Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Couscous Salad


I really like to make couscous. Maybe it's because it's one of the easiest things to make - less than seven minutes - or because it's kind of fun to eat. Anyway, I saw this recipe on the back of the couscous box and thought it sounded tasty. I was right! I like the fact that it's served cold and that it features a lot of vegetables. It's a great salad for a casual meal.


Zesty Greek Couscous Salad
from Near East couscous box
1 package couscous
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice (I used closer to 3-4)
3 tsp olive oil
2 large tomatoes, chopped (I used three)
1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips (I forgot to buy this so I sprinkled some dried into it. It's much better with the fresh)
1/3 cup green onions, sliced
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Prepare couscous according to package directions, except omit butter or olive oil and add black pepper with water.
In large bowl, combine prepared couscous, lemon juice and olive oil. Add tomatoes, zucchini, basil and green onions. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
Stir in cheese just before serving.
Serves 7 (generous servings)

No comments:

Post a Comment