Sunday, March 27, 2011

What We Started With...

When bought our house (almost a year ago) we were so happy that it was "move in ready". We had a fixer-upper in Groton, and were pleased that we could have a "project-free summer". Upon moving in I realized that I didn't have enough kitchen space for all of my baking and cooking stuff. Plus, although the kitchen wasn't too small, the layout didn't work for more than one person to cook at a time. So began the 'remodel' talk. Nate and I like to think that we will always hire someone else to do our projects, but when it comes right down to it, either we're too ambitious or too cheap. Over the weekend the remodel started. Here are photos of the Befores. As you can see, the cabinets are dated. And there was always clutter on the counter. (It was usually not this bad though). Here is my main work space - not big enough to roll out sugar cookies or maneuver large meals. This wall separates the kitchen from the dining room. I love the pantry on the side of the fridge, but it was only deep enough for a box of cereal. Some very lovely wallpaper on an unused wall. Just wait until you see the changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment