Sunday, August 15, 2010

Garden Cucumbers


Caroline and I recently went to a Farmers Market here in town. Everything looked fantastic - and we decided to purchase some cucumbers. I thought this recipe sounded like the perfect way to showcase our purchase. It was! The cucumbers were well seasoned, but not too tart from the vinegar. They also kept their crisp texture and didn't get soggy. I'm definitely making this again!

Marinated Cucumbers
by Phyllis Smallfoot
featured in the 2007 Sunnycrest UMC Church Cookbook

7 cups sliced cucumbers
1 green pepper, chopped
1 thinly sliced onion (I used 1/2)
1 1/2 cup sugar (I used closer to 1 cup)
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon celery seed (or celery salt)
1 tablespoon mustard seed (I used dill seed)
1 cup vinegar

Mix sugar, salt, celery seed, mustard seed, and vinegar together and pour over the cucumbers, green pepper, and onion. Refrigerate for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment