Saturday, June 26, 2010

Roasted Corn Salad


(Again, sorry for the half-eaten photo)
This is one of my must-have summer salads. It's so easy to put together, tastes great hot or cold, and it's low fat. Plus, the leftovers are even good! I've made this so often that I now 'eyeball' the ingredients instead of measuring, so it's even faster!

Roasted Corn Salad
from 3 Fat Chicks
3 points per serving

3 cups corn kernels (can use fresh or frozen) - I use a small bag of frozen corn
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar - I use regular balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup chopped seeded tomato - I use 1 or two tomatoes depending on size
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper - I use one whole green pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onions - I use 3-4 green onions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine corn and 1 tsp vegetable oil on a jelly roll pan (I line mine with aluminum foil.) Bake for 20 minutes or until brown, stirring occasionally.
Combine 2 tsp oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add corn mixture. Stir. Stir in green pepper, tomato and green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment