Tuesday, June 16, 2009

If I Can Do It...You Can Too!

This week's TWD recipe was Honey-Peach Ice Cream. But because we're lactose-intolerant and we don't have an ice cream maker I decided to substitute it with Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart. If you'd like to see reviews and photos of the ice cream click here.
This was my first time making caramel. And to be quite honest I was a little worried about it. Growing up, caramel was something that only REALLY good cooks like my Aunt Carol could make. Luckily Dorie gave a tip in the recipe to have all of the ingredients ready because once the sugar starts melting it goes really fast. How true it is! So, my first experience with caramel was a success!!
The tart was impressive looking and people at work raved at how good it was. I wasn't overly impressed with it. Don't get me wrong it was good - but I only had one bite and thought that it was enough. But there is definitely a WOW factor with it. The crust and the peanuty crunch of the caramel go very well with the smooth dark chocolate ganache. The photo I took was absolutely horrible so I'm not going to even post it, but trust me it looks good!
For a look at a photo of this dessert and the recipe visit Annie's Eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment